On this page, you will discover a complete guide on how to successfully access/check sterling bank account balance while using your mobile phone.
Are you searching for a guide on how to access your correct bank balance on your sterling account? Or maybe, you want to confirm a payment which was made earlier as you didn’t receive SMS notification of new payments? Whichever reason why you are here, we are happy to welcome you to this page.
You will be guided on various sterling account balance checking methods using mobile phone so make sure you read this content till the very end.
It’s okay not to know your correct bank account balance. However, a lot of people can tell you even the last kobo(s) in their account but its too rear. Funny yet true, I used to be among the few who will tell you the exact balance in their account. Well, that was when I was only operating a single bank account with First Bank of Nigeria.
Presently, I can’t think of what the hundreds are, talk more of the tens. Well, since we are not here to talk about myself, let’s jump further checking what the correct USSD code for sterling bank is.
The code was added because; the easiest method of checking balance on sterling account is using the 3 digits USSD code introduced by Sterling Bank for mobile transactions.
Sterling Bank USSD Code
The correct Sterling Bank USSD code for mobile transaction and account balance checking is *822#. With the code, customers using sterling bank can perform various form of self-service/transactions without having to visit the bank.
Key Features of Sterling Bank USSD code
- Sterling Bank Account opening
- Checking of current account balance
- Transferring fund to other Nigerian bank accounts
- Checking sterling account number
- Purchasing airtime/data subscription packages and more.
Benefits of Using Sterling Bank USSD Code
The benefits of using sterling bank ussd code are just too many. However, you will find top 3 below;
- Available without interruption (24hrs daily/7days a week)
- No internet service is required to access the ussd feature
- It is time saving, easy and convenient in terms of serving you.
Methods of Checking Sterling Bank Account Balances Using Phone
Basically, there are 2 methods which can be used to access or check sterling bank account balance. These two methods include;
- Checking via USSD code
- Checking via Sterling Bank Mobile application
For the sake of this tutorial, we will be making use of the two basic methods to educate you on how to successfully check your bank account balance for your sterling bank account.
One of the most interesting facts is that, it won’t take you beyond 2 minutes to complete the whole process.
How to Check Sterling Bank Account Balance USSD Code
To successfully access your correct sterling bank account while using your phone all that is required of you is follow below guide;
- First, you need to open your mobile phone dialer (button phone users can skip this step)
- Now input the default sterling bank USSD code *822# and send
- Reply with “1” to accept CBN terms of using USSD code for banking
- Now reply with “6” to select “Balance Enquiry”
Following above few steps will get your correct account balance sent to your phone by Sterling Bank Plc as an SMS.
For those who are interested in using a more advanced method to check their account balance on Sterling Bank, you can continue reading.
How to Check Sterling Bank Account Balance Using Mobile App
To check your account balance using sterling bank mobile application, you must be operating either an Android or IOS device. See below for full procedures;
- First, you will need to launch Google Playstore or IOS store
- Now search for “Sterling Bank Mobile App” and install into your device
- Launch the application and input your phone number and bank account number to link your account directly on the application.
- Copy and paste the verification code sent to your phone number on the app.
- Click on proceed button to successfully open the app fully.
- On the home display, you will see a complete display of your sterling account balance without having to perform any extra action.
Thanks for reading. Hopefully, this information has help you in checking your sterling bank account balance on mobile phone using both USSD and application method. Cheers.